Welcome to the Automotive Recyclers Environmental Association’s password protected ELV Management Information website that will help the Ministry of Environment and the Department of Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada:
- determine compliance of AREA Members with Federal and Provincial laws;
- highlight non-compliant auto recyclers; and,
- manage ELVs in Remote Communities.
There are 5 different markers on the map. The markers are:
- Green: AREA Members that are following their Environmental Management Plan;
- Yellow: Out of Business AREA Members and AREA organized “One Time Crushes”;
- Red: Auto Recyclers that are Not in Compliance with Federal of Provincial laws;
- Blue: Remote Communities that have ELV recycling strategy;
- Brown: New AREA members pending Registration
Navigate to the region or community of interest and click on the community or recycler of interest. Reports, inspections and photos can be viewed and downloaded by government representatives – these documents are not available to the public.
All vehicles removed from First Nations Communities will be recycled to all Federal and Provincial environmental standards by the recyclers on this site.
For more information, please contact Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org